I just updated my Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo Android phone. After that, I could not open any contact, I always got an error message like:
“The application infinite view (process com.sonyericsson.infiniteview) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.”
As I failed to find a solution with Google, I called Sony Ericsson. They answered quickly and were able to assist me to fix the problem. I was very positively surprised! Now my payback is to make this solution Googlable.
To fix the problem:
- Go to Contacts.
- Choose “Back up contacts” from menu.
- Backup to SD card.
- Go to Settings/Applications/Manage applications, select “All” tab.
- Clear all data from “Contacts” and “Contacts Storage” applications.
- Go back to Contacts.
- Click “Done”, don’t import anything, you’ll have an empty phonebook now.
- Choose “Import contacts” from menu.
- Choose “One vCard” or something like that.
- Choose the file you backed up the contacts to.
- Choose “Filter” from menu.
- Choose “Phone contact”.
- Tick “All contacts”.
- It should work again.
That was actually the second method we tried. The first one was to remove and re-create Facebook accounts to the phone. So, if the above doesn’t work for you, try clearing the Facebook accounts. Maybe also other similar accounts as well.